Thursday, June 10, 2004

Arrived

I have got to Italy OK. My last day in England was pretty busy, getting the
house ready etc and packing. Was just about ready on time when I was picked
up and taken to the airport. Flight was fine. Very hot in Milan - I saw a
temperature read-out at about 6pm saying it was 35°C. From the airport
(Linate) I took a bus, then two trains, then two more buses and then walked
the last little bit. It took about 4 hours from the airport, but cost less
than 10 euros.
The YWAM base I'm staying at is beautiful - up in the mountains near the
Swiss border. There aren't many people here at the moment, but they're all
very friendly which is great. Spent my first evening watching Ocean's Eleven
on DVD!
Most of them speak excellent English. I heard a couple of Italians speaking
together - one was speaking in Italian and the other one answering in
English, and I don't think they even realised what they were doing! It meant
I understood only half of the conversation.
This is a nice place to relax with beautiful mountain vistas. I expect to
unwind and spend time with God as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home