Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Heavy Load

I had been organising a weekend away for the student work team, but things weren't working. First the accommodation I wanted turned out to be unavailable. Then the speaker contacted me to say he'd delayed in getting his plane ticket and now it had increased out of his price range. Hmmm.

So I got together with another one of the team and we prayed together. I asked God to do one of three things:
1. Make the organisation smooth
2. Tell us clearly to continue even though it stays hard to organise
3. Tell us clearly not to try and continue at this time.

Instead, God showed one thing. It was too heavy for me to carry. Yep! That was actually simple and yet deep.
The next day, Joska returned from Croatia and offered to help with the organisation! Then I checked to see if I could find a cheaper flight, and yes I did! So it's started going smoothly now.

2 Comments:

At Tue Apr 18, 05:45:00 pm 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry for my part in that! Glad all is looking good now - God is faithful, and he wants this weekend to be fruitful more than any of us!

Looking forward to being with you all,
Andy

 
At Wed Apr 19, 02:57:00 pm 2006, Blogger Ian Symondson said...

Well, whereas before I wondered if it was just something that I was trying to organise, now I have a confidence that it's something God wants to happen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home