Thursday, February 16, 2006

Treasure

Tell me - what really gets you excited? What moves your heart and makes you get up and do something?

God, Jesus and Christianity are often portrayed as being boring, with "cheesy" posters and life-sapping rituals. I have been creating some literature to give to students and I have realised that I personally dislike those things as well, and I don't want to encourage someone else to get involved in them.

Passion and excitement come from the heart, and the things that I value most are the things that get me most excited. I love travelling and having adventures, and these really get me excited. Freedom is something I value a lot, and so I am always looking for a form of Christianity that has this freedom. True Christianity is something I can get very excited about - Jesus opened a door for us to go through and spend eternity in heaven with him. Jesus said "Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven", and "Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also". That's the kind thing I want others to get involved in.

4 Comments:

At Wed Feb 22, 01:12:00 pm 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!

 
At Tue Feb 28, 02:00:00 pm 2006, Blogger Butterfly said...

Ian you are so right about this. It reminds me of a book I think it was called “The Journey of desire” by John Eldredge.Have you read it?

 
At Tue Feb 28, 07:41:00 pm 2006, Blogger North Wind said...

very good and amen

 
At Thu Mar 16, 01:35:00 am 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire the people like you who are taking the life with full lungs and with full breath , you are right about that God, Jesus and Christianity are often portrayed as being boring, with "cheesy" posters and life-sapping rituals. But now is the time to change all of that if there is not people like you everything will be same and forgotten , so keep up the god work and may be LORD be with you on your journeys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home