Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Modern Slavery


Yesterday I was watching the film "Human Trafficking" about women being tricked into slavery, resulting in being forced into prostitution. It was a disturbing film, but I'm glad I saw it because it's given me a deeper insight into the issues and makes me really believe in the Stop the Traffik campaign. There was a Russian school girl, only 16, who thought she'd been successful in becoming a model and arrived in New York all excited at the new prospects. The shock she got was horrific, when she, along with others, were told they owed lots of money for the expenses and had to work as prostitutes to pay back. She, along with the others, were raped and then set to work as prostitutes. The film was very moving, and I recommend everyone (adult!) to watch it to understand the problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home