Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Stranded!

So I was traveling back from Ohrid by bus. I sat down next to someone praying for an opportunity to speak to him, while at the same time also wanting to sleep. Anyway, he started talking to me and we continued the conversation at the half way point, at the mountain pass- miles from anywhere, but a popular stopping place. As we talked we saw the bus leaving without us! After unsuccessfully try to hitch a lift from various cars, trucks and a tractor (the latter would have been a mistake anyway!), another bus stopped for us, and when we told what had happened, gave us a lift for free! And there were two empty seats as well. I eventually got to Skopje and went to the bus garage and managed to recover my guitar and backpack. An interesting journey.

1 Comments:

At Wed Aug 02, 01:01:00 pm 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

:))..must have been quite an adventure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home