Thursday, August 23, 2007

Bonus Trip


Just as I was thinking I should be getting back to Skopje, I was invited to go to Vienna for 3 days! We went by van, and it involved meeting people, lots of travel (including 6 border crossings), collecting items for orphans, and a sightseeing trip around Vienna itself.

My whole holiday was a lesson in trust for me. I left from Skopje, having been given some money to go on holiday (of which I had about 100 euro available), knowing that the money was not a lot. I had wavered about whether to go (because of the money), but decided to step out, thinking that I would trust God and would find a way!

Well, God certainly did help me. Through the kindness and hospitality of friends, I think I managed to stay more or less within budget, visited 3 countries, 9 towns, had all sorts of adventures, (including spending the night with three others in a van by the side of an Austrian road!), and had three days at the end to learn something valuable.

I hadn't even known what the trip to Vienna was about, I just said yes. And in the waiting, while fitting in with other people's plans, I saw the importance of simply trusting that God will do what He wants to do. It's not about me rushing around, pushing myself forward, but about God being in control and me submitting to that. And His good plans are not always what I expected.

The lesson I learned is that I can trust God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home