Monday, August 13, 2007

Budapest

I like this city. I've been here maybe 6 times and it's so beautiful. I've met up with 3 other people - Phil, Andrew and Katie - who are also sleeping at my friend's place. They are doing a tour with marionette puppets, going across Europe (Poland, Hungary, Romania, Switzerland and Germany), sharing the gospel through their performance, and lots of people have become Christians through it. We've had a good time together, and here's one amazing "coincidence":

Last year I was travelling in Istanbul and I had been wanting to meet some other Christians. There are only about 3000 Christians out of 70 million people in Turkey, but I prayed anyway that I'd meet up with others, and trusted God to do it. A few minutes later I met a whole group doing an outreach (which is very rare in Istanbul). This in itself was amazing, but even more so was the fact that Phil, who I met this week, was with that team last year!

I can recommend coming to Budapest. I've walked the castle and palace, been to 2 museums, and various church buildings, seen the parliament, visited a market, watched live music. Yesterday we went to church in the morning, soaked at the famous baths in Budapest, then watched the Carmen at the Budapest Opera House! And there's still so much more to do.



1 Comments:

At Sat Aug 18, 05:40:00 pm 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ian, are we related? There are not many Symondsons. If you have a moment, and the inclination, would you drop me a line? My email address is: symondson@googlemail.com. I ran into your blog by mistake, find it extremely interesting and your faith edifying. Are you a Catholic, like a number of other Symondsons? I am a Jesuit priest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home