Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Budapest II

I met up with another Brit, called Paul, who was also travelling indefinitely (I have only met about 3 other people who have no end date to their travels). Whilst going for a walk with him and another Brit, I saw a man walking past wearing a Vineyard Christian Fellowship children's ministry shirt. I assumed he was a Christian and spoke English so I asked him where he went to church - I had not been to church on a Sunday for about six weeks and was missing the opportunity to worship God with other Christians. He told me and gave me some vague directions - I was only half listening because my friends were walking on. He didn't know the exact address because it was to be their first Sunday in a new place. He took my mobile number and I hoped he would text me the details.

The following day I was deciding whether to leave the "hippy hostel" and when I prayed about it, God said to leave. So I packed up and set out with my two backpacks and my guitar. I headed for the church, since that was my main plan for the morning. I knew it was near the citadel, and anyone who has been to Budapest will realise that climbing up there with all my stuff was a challenge. I walked around trying to find this church, not even knowing where it was, and praying for guidance. I had just about given up. Then heading a different way, I found it! I was bout 45 minutes late, but was welcomed in. In fact, the guy I met at the door, William, told the congregation my story and they were very friendly.

Afterwards, William and his wife, Hedi, invited me to their house for lunch, and then later to stay at an apartment they look after. So for the next two nights I had an apartment all to myself! That was when the tiredness caught up with me and I spent a lot of time sleeping. I was very grateful for the chance to rest, and for the hospitality of William and Hedi.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home