Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Travel Stories

On Saturday my bank card was eaten by a machine! I managed to get some money out but then it didn't give my card back. The bank said they couldn't do anything until Monday, by which time I had planned to leave Istanbul.

Anyway, the city seemed to be able to keep me there for a couple more days. When I went to the bank on Monday they said to come back at 16:30. So I went for a boat ride, but unfortunately got stranded on an island and wasn't able to get back in time for the bank.

So next morning I had wanted to catch a bus at 10 am for Bulgaria, but bank opened at 9, giving me little time. I ran to the bank, only to realise I'd left a bag behind, had to run back and forth, losing 15 minutes. Bank gave me card and then it was a rush to get to the bus station, withdraw some money and buy a ticket. The minutes ticked by as I waited for the metro. It looked unlikely I'd make it as I arrived at bus station at 8 minutes to 10, and I prayed for help. Quickly I got to a bank machine and withdrew money.

Then the amazing part happened. As I went to look for the bus, very little time left, I man asked where I was going. When I told him, he ran with me to find the ticket office. He helped me buy the ticket and then ran with me to the bus. It was already after 10 but the bus was still there. The man who helped paused long enough to see I was OK then walked off. I don't know who he was or why he helped, but I was still amazed and praising God that I had managed to catch the bus as we were driving off!

1 Comments:

At Fri Aug 18, 07:44:00 pm 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It´s good, that angels are around...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home